|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
|State||Outskirts of Village En Marais, Louisiana|
- "Anyone... know where we are?"
- "Hey y'all ask me, these swamp people got it all figured it out, no cops, no rules."
History[edit | edit source]
A highway gas station just outside the swamp on Interstate 10 next to a train crossing, it helps meet the needs of the tourists and travelers who passed by as well as the residents of Village En Marais. The gas station has two fuel pumps, a convenience store and two repair garages. The repair garages were both only open from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm while the garage attached to the convenience store serviced smaller cars and vehicles. There was a larger garage across the station which serviced the larger and heavy duty trucks. The gas station's convenience store sold beer, ice, lottery tickets as well as other small convenient items.
Current Status[edit | edit source]
When the word of the Infection was nearby and how CEDA and the military were both failing at containing the Infection, the residents of the swamp town decided to take matters into their own hands. They took all of the gas out of the pumps, left a banner refusing help and told the people to stay out and a note stating how the pumps were empty because they took all of the gas. They barricaded the town to prevent the people from getting in and held out the longest out of everyone before succumbing to the Infection.
After the helicopter crash, the Survivors started off on a nearby train boxcar next to the gas station. They commented on Nick and his reaction to the infected pilot which resulted in the crash and once they are ready, the Survivors left the train car and found the highway blocked. They headed toward the gas station. Some melee weapons and supplies can sometimes be found in the area as well as inside the large garage. Once armed, they continued onward toward Earl's Gator Village and the ferry to get across the swamp toward the small town.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is the second gas station that the Survivors passed by in the Left 4 Dead series.
- This gas station could not blow up like the Pump 'N' Run Gas station due to there being no fuel left in the gas pumps.
- Interstate 10 is first seen in this campaign before The Parish due to this campaign also taking place in Louisiana.
- This creates an inconsistency with the location of Village en Marais, which is estimated to be in northern Louisiana; Interstate 10 only crosses through southern Louisiana.
- This gas station is similar to the Ducatel Gas Bar seen at the beginning of the Hard Rain campaign where the Survivors are dropped off. It also has similar fuel pumps, prices and is also out of gas.
- Just behind the gas pumps, a random melee weapon laid there.