|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
|State||New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Real-world Counterpart||New Orleans Central Business District|
- "DANGER. Stay in your group. Do not remove the color-coded wristband and filtration mask provided to you. Use of deadly force has been authorized."
- ―U.S. Military
- "We made it REAL damn far, people. I'm proud of you. Now let's just cross that last mile!"
This small market is located next to the Mississippi River and leads on to Bienville Park. It is home to fishing, food service and boating businesses targeting the tourists and local residents living in nearby apartment buildings. The individual businesses notably included a convenience store, a Jules' Fresh Crawfish seafood restaurant and a café/lounge that seemed to create a vibrant city-life as well as night life.
Once New Orleans was hit by the Infection, the people tried to escape from the city by taking boats and sailing away. However, when the Survivors are dropped off by Virgil, some boats have been destroyed or became stuck in a traffic jam of the other fleeing boats.
By this time, the military took over all of CEDA's operations and placed new sets of instructions and protocols for the public such as people staying in their color-coded group and have people arm themselves and report the strange behavior. The Army also began bombing the area because of the fleeing boats ensuring that no Carriers or Infected could escape from the area and everyone proceeded through military checkpoints (As it was seen in The Park).
- A half-sunken paddle steamer can be seen floating in the water as well as the other trapped boats.
- The military F-18 fighter jets are seen flying above the city making their bomb runs.
- At this point, the military is seen taking over all evacuation and CEDA protocols.
- Instead of trying to save everyone, the people are reported being separated into color-coded wristband groups to prevent the further spread of the Infection.
- The entrance to Bienville Park (The next chapter) can be seen on the waterfront market walkway.
- When Ellis or Coach walked past the café/bar lounge, there is an advertisement that says that Hurricane Beers are only $1. Upon noticing the sign, they will say that they could go for a cold one right now which is also used in Valve's other game, Half-Life where the security guards will say the same thing.