|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
|State||Whispering Oaks Amusement Park, Griffin County, Georgia|
- "As soon as I hit it, get ready to run!"
- "You mean we actually get to ride The Screaming Oak? This is the BEST day of my life!"
History[edit | edit source]
This ride is the pride and signature attraction of Whispering Oaks Amusement Park. It is a wooden roller coaster that follows the theme of a scary haunted house. It is located next to the Tunnel of Love and provides entertainment and thrills to the visitors that are seeking an adrenaline rush.
For public liability and safety reasons, the riders are required to be at least 48 inches tall (121 cm) and remain seated at all times. The cost of admission is set at standard six tickets which is common to the rides in Kiddie Land and the Li'l Peanut Rocket Carousel.
Current Status[edit | edit source]
When the Infection spread near Whispering Oaks Amusement Park, the riders abandoned it and headed for the CEDA evac site at the Peach Pit stadium. It seemed that a few stragglers may have used the ride as a vantage point to shoot the Infected as it seemed that the ride was in the middle of its run cycle and not at the beginning of the ride (where it should have been). It seems that they got to a point and left the coaster in the haunted house and ran towards the stadium.
The Survivors came through the Tunnel of Love ride, hopped over the fence where they are forced to finish the roller coaster cycle to be able to proceed onward to the safe room. Once they re-activated the coaster, the alarm sounds due to the incompletion of the cycle and the Survivors had to run through the track to get to the operator's station and shut the alarm off that was alerting the horde.
Once they got through the twists and turns, the ups and downs of the roller coaster track, they finally deactivated the alarm and are able to safely proceed to the safe room where they can rest and catch their breath.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Apart from Kiddie Land, Ellis apparently also loves this ride as well. He claims that it was the best day of his life when he gets to run the coaster and when he starts the Midnight Riders Finale in the Peach Pit stadium.
- The Screaming Oak is based on a haunted house theme.
- Nick will sometimes make a comment thanking God that the ride does not do any loops.
- The Screaming Oak was supposed to explode somehow in-game as it was seen on the Zombie Survival Guide Trailer.