- Main article: Counter-Strike Weapons
- "Oh hell yes!"
- "Rifle for me."
The SIG SG 552 is a fully automatic assault rifle, very similar in capability to the standard in-game Assault Rifle. It has a 2x scope which accentuates its long range accuracy, much like a Hunting Rifle or a Sniper Rifle, but not nearly to the same degree as either of these weapons. Using the scope also reduces the weapon's rate of fire.
When used without sighting through the scope the SIG SG 552 has extremely tight crosshairs when fired from a standing-still posture on account of the fact that it is a hybrid assault-sniping rifle. The damage per shot is the same as the Assault Rifle, but it fires two more shots per minute. Reloading time is longer than that of the Assault Rifle, but is still faster than the Combat Rifle.
- This weapon is suitable for all ranges due to its scope and high rate of fire. When using the scope, the rate of fire will decrease, compensating for accuracy.
- To preserve ammo, shoot in short bursts, or use the scope to limit its rate of fire.
- Instead of crouching for long ranges, take advantage of the scope, as the accuracy will be pretty high.
- When using an ammo upgrade, try your best to fire single shots and use the scope for medium range to prevent waste of precious ammunition.
- Best accompanied with a melee weapon to preserve ammo in indoor areas and when surrounded by Infected.
Pros[edit | edit source]
- Highest rate of fire of all weapons except submachine guns.
- When using the scope, it is very accurate.
- Suitable for practically all ranges.
- Fast reloading time although a little slower than the Assault Rifle.
- When equipped with laser sights the accuracy will be increased significantly. The scope will have basically perfect aim.
Cons[edit | edit source]
- If a careless player uses the weapon in full auto the whole time the ammo reserves will rapidly deplete.
- Low damage per shot compared to the other assault rifles, but same as the M16.
- Difficult to fire single shots.
- Not very accurate at medium range while mobile.
- Sacrifices effectiveness for versatility. At long range, the Hunting Rifle and Sniper Rifle are both more accurate and deal more damage per second. At mid or close range, the Assault Rifle reloads faster without sacrificing damage output and the AK-47 deals more damage per second.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The SIG SG 552 is based on its Counter-Strike counterpart, the SIG SG 552 Commando. This, in turn, is based on a SIG SG 552 Commando, which is a variant of the SIG SG 550.
- SIG is an abbreviation for Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft, the former name of manufacturer SAN Swiss Arms AG, who are the creators of the SIG SG 552 Commando.
- In The Last Stand Update SIG SG 552 was remodeled.
- Before The Last Stand Update the SIG SG 552 stock is missing if players played in high FOV.
|Left 4 Dead|
|Tier 1||Pump Shotgun / Submachine Gun|
|Tier 2||Assault Rifle / Auto Shotgun / Hunting Rifle|