|"What if just your beard starts to turn?" |
This article requires testing. You can help Left 4 Dead Wiki by experimenting with gameplay, and then changing it.
The SG 552 is a fully automatic assault rifle, very similar in capability to the standard in-game M-16 Assault Rifle. It has a 2x scope which accentuates its long range accuracy, much like a Hunting Rifle or a Sniper Rifle, but not nearly to the same degree as either of these weapons. Using the scope also reduces the weapon's rate of fire.
When used without sighting through the scope the SG 552 has extremely tight crosshairs when fired from a standing-still posture on account of the fact that it is a hybrid assault-sniping rifle. The damage per shot is the same as the Assault Rifle, but it fires two more shots per minute. Reloading time is longer than that of the Assault Rifle, but is still faster than the Combat Rifle.
- Main article: Tactics
- This weapon is suitable for all ranges due to its scope and high rate of fire. When using the scope, the rate of fire will decrease, compensating for accuracy.
- The SG 552 can be compared to a high-accuracy counterpart of the M-16 Assault Rifle with weaker defensive ability. Its high accuracy and scope makes it a deadly sniping weapon that can pick off foes regardless of distance, but its high fire rate, average damage and slow reload speed can often force the user to endure a slow reload at the worst times (eg. surrounded by Infected).
- Due to the above factors, it is best accompanied with a sidearm or a melee weapon to preserve ammo in indoor areas and when surrounded by Infected.
- To preserve ammo, shoot in short bursts, or use the scope to limit its rate of fire.
- Instead of crouching for long ranges, take advantage of the scope, as the accuracy will be pretty high.
- When using an ammo upgrade, try your best to fire single shots and use the scope for medium range to prevent waste of precious ammunition.
Pros and cons
- Highest rate of fire of all weapons except submachine guns.
- Very accurate while not moving.
- Pinpoint accurate when scoped in and firing few shots at a time, making it very effective for long range sniping.
- Suitable for practically all ranges due to its accuracy.
- When equipped with laser sights the accuracy will be increased significantly. The scope will have basically perfect aim.
- Sacrifices effectiveness for versatility.
- Very high fire rate when unscoped: if a careless player uses the weapon in full auto the whole time the ammo reserves will rapidly deplete.
- Poor defensive capability while surrounded, due to its damage per shot being identical to the M-16 Assault Rifle, while possessing a slower reload.
- Difficult to fire single shots.
- Not very accurate at medium range while mobile.
- The SG 552 is based on its Counter-Strike counterpart, the SG 552 Commando (Krieg 552). This, in turn, is based on a SIG SG 552 Commando, which is a variant of the SIG SG 550.
- SIG is an abbreviation for Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft, the former name of manufacturer SAN Swiss Arms AG, who are the creators of the SIG SG 552 Commando.
- In The Last Stand Update SG 552 was remodeled. Before said update, the SG 552 stock is missing if players played in high FOV.
- The SG 552 is a PC exclusive weapon and cannot be obtained by Xbox players.
|Tier 1||Chrome Shotgun / Pump Shotgun / MP5 / Silenced Submachine Gun / Submachine Gun|
|Tier 2||AK-47 / Combat Rifle / M-16 Assault Rifle / SG 552 / Auto Shotgun / Combat Shotgun / AWP / Hunting Rifle / Scout / Sniper Rifle|
|Special Tier||Grenade Launcher / M60 Machine Gun|
|Sidearms||M1911 Pistol / Magnum Pistol / P220 Pistol|
|Melee Weapons||Baseball Bat / Cricket Bat / Crowbar / Fireaxe / Frying Pan / Golf Club / Guitar / Katana / Knife / Machete / Nightstick / Pitchfork / Shovel|
|Grenades||Bile Bomb / Molotov Cocktail / Pipe Bomb|
|Upgrades||Explosive Ammunition / Incendiary Ammunition / Laser Sight|
|Fixed Weapons||Heavy Machine Gun / Minigun|
|Usable Items||Explosive barrel / Fireworks / Gas can / Oxygen tank / Propane tank|
|Special Items||Cola / Gnome Chompski|
|Featured in both games / L4D1-exclusive / L4D2-exclusive (Counter-Strike weapons / PC-exclusive)|