- "I've been here before. I always liked this main street.."
- "Now *this* is a big-ass machine gun."
Once the heart of Riverside, this street features iconic 19th-century American architecture with selectively modernized street frontages. Riverside Main Street contains about 20 different buildings and shops filled with a typical retail-commercial mix of small office buildings, Fine Antiques, a movie theater, a barber shop, Military Surplus store, 1st Bank and Trust (Established in 1918), A & C Bookstore, bakery and a diner. It serves as the main point for all citizens living in Riverside as an entertainment meeting area as well as a tourist area for Riverside's many sites and attractions.
Once the military took control of the town, they tried to defend it as best as they can by barricading streets and setting the small outposts up. Hearing that the Infection was heading in closer and closer to the town, they evidently used combat engineers to tear the road up halfway along its length to form a defensible berm backed by a minigun. However, the Infected overran the town and one of the last stands against the Infected was on the Main Street, but with the Horde attacking from both directions on the street, they were easily overrun.
The Survivors found one street leading to the Main Street, but is barricaded off forcing them to circle around and come out on to the street through a small office building. To proceed onward, they must use the same forklift to lower the barrier and form a walkway that would allow them to continue on. However, lowering the forklift's load shakes the ground causing the vibration to set a nearby car alarm off, summoning the Horde. Once they finished fighting the Horde, the team continued on, passed the barrier and headed back down onto the street and down a back alley leading to a safe room near Riverside Park.
Landmarks on Main Street
- Holly Street Apartments
- Office Building
- Fine Antiques
- Movie Theater
- Barber Shop
- Military Surplus store
- New or Used A & C Bookstore
- 1st Bank and Trust (Established in 1918)
- The car alarm that triggers the panic event is the only car that is not the traditional car used for car alarms.
- The Movie Theater was playing three different movies just before the Infection:
- Terror ― an R-rated movie that plays at 6:00pm, 7:45pm and 9:30pm.
- Broken Heart ― a PG-13-rated movie that plays at 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 6:00pm, 8:00pm and 10:00pm.
- Stalion ― an R-rated movie that plays at 10:00am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 6:00pm, 8:00pm and 10:00pm.
- Zoey has been to Riverside before and comments that she has liked the Main Street the most out of everything in the town.
|Locations in Left 4 Dead