|"What if just your beard starts to turn?" |
This article requires testing. You can help Left 4 Dead Wiki by experimenting with gameplay, and then changing it.
Description[edit | edit source]
The MP5 belongs to the submachine gun class. It can spawns anywhere in a campaign, especially in safe rooms. It has a lower fire rate than the other Submachine Gun variants in the game, but to balance this, the MP5 has slightly higher accuracy than the standard ones whilst its damage is nearly identical to that of the Silenced Submachine Gun (although, due to the lower fire rate, its damage per second is still equal to that of the former).
As with the Assault Rifle, it occupies the "middle ground" of the Submachine Gun variants on account of its adaptability to meet the demands of nearly every combat situation.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Tactics
- Best used at medium-long range, as its rate of fire is lower, thus giving it low effectiveness in close combat. Take advantage of its accuracy!
- Best combined with a Magnum Pistol for long range and Special Infected.
- During Hordes, keep a distance from the main body of them. You do not want to get surrounded by a Horde without a melee weapon.
- Always shoot in bursts to save ammo and to preserve its high accuracy.
- With Special Infected at long ranges, always crouch and shoot in longer bursts.
- With Incendiary and Explosive ammunition, wait until the Common Infected get closer to you and shoot in bursts. This will drastically decrease the chance of wasting precious ammo upgrades.
Pros and Cons[edit | edit source]
Pros[edit | edit source]
- High accuracy at medium ranges.
- Very large reserve ammo supply.
- Higher damage compared to the regular Submachine Gun and similar to the silenced one.
- Easiest submachine gun to conserve ammo with due to the lower fire rate.
Cons[edit | edit source]
- Lowest rate of fire of the submachine guns.
- Burst shooting is not as effective as other submachine guns although the method is advisable.
- Lower damage per second than dual P220 Pistols, if the pistols are fired as fast as possible.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The H&K MP5 is based on its Counter-Strike counterpart, the MP5 Navy. The weapon is based on a Heckler & Koch MP5.
- H&K stands for Heckler & Koch GmbH — the weapon's manufacturer.
- In "The Sacrifice" teaser trailer, Louis can be seen holding the MP5 near the 0:30 second mark.
- In the "Crash Course" poster, Bill can be seen holding the MP5.
- Before The Last Stand Update the MP5 has a lot of issues such as reload animation skip when shoving and after reload while moving causes the weapon to stop moving unless the player stops moving to work again and the stock was missing if players played in high FOV.
- In The Last Stand Update the MP5 was remodeled.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Valve (2009-06-01). L4D2 Teaser - YouTube. Valve. Retrieved on 2020 August 17.
|Tier 1||Chrome Shotgun / Pump Shotgun / MP5 / Silenced Submachine Gun / Submachine Gun|
|Tier 2||AK-47 / Combat Rifle / M-16 Assault Rifle / SG 552 / Auto Shotgun / Combat Shotgun / AWP / Hunting Rifle / Scout / Sniper Rifle|
|Special Tier||Grenade Launcher / M60 Machine Gun|
|Sidearms||M1911 Pistol / Magnum Pistol / P220 Pistol|
|Melee Weapons||Baseball Bat / Cricket Bat / Crowbar / Fireaxe / Frying Pan / Golf Club / Guitar / Katana / Knife / Machete / Nightstick / Pitchfork / Shovel|
|Grenades||Bile Bomb / Molotov Cocktail / Pipe Bomb|
|Upgrades||Explosive Ammunition / Incendiary Ammunition / Laser Sight|
|Fixed Weapons||Heavy Machine Gun / Minigun|
|Usable Items||Explosive barrel / Fireworks / Gas can / Oxygen tank / Propane tank|
|Special Items||Cola / Gnome Chompski|
|Featured in both games / L4D1-exclusive / L4D2-exclusive (Counter-Strike weapons / PC-exclusive)|