|"You're gonna want to see this!"|
|Campaigns||Hard Rain,Gas Fever|
- "Looks like the gas is inside..."
- "Everyone got a gas can? I don't want to make this trip twice."
Ducatel Diesel Gas Station serves as the main objective for the Survivors in the campaign, Hard Rain and the custom campaign, Gas Fever in Left 4 Dead 2. It appears at the end of Chapter Two and the beginning of Chapter Three in both campaigns.
History[edit | edit source]
This four-pump gas station is a typical roadside service facility on rural two-lane, blacktop highways anywhere in the United States. Apart from selling gas and diesel fuel, they provided the facilities for comfort stops, serving food and drinks to the truckers and motorists on a 24-hour basis. Attached to Ducatel Diesel is a typical "greasy spoon" café serving cocktails, pies and seafood dishes as well as a convenience store stocking such staples as beer, cigarettes, ice and packaged snack foods.
Current Status[edit | edit source]
After Ducatel received the order to evacuate due to the Green Flu, it is presumed that the inhabitants went on a fuel-buying panic to escape from the town. Ducatel Diesel's operators in response rationed the gas into five gallon Gas cans. Once the craze died out, they siphoned all of the remaining fuel from their gas pumps and stored it in a safe room behind the cafe, leaving a message behind to ration the gas or be killed for disobeying the rules. As time passed, the passing Survivors who needed gas went into the safe room and took what they needed, telling any other potential passerby to ration the gas as well.
Alternatively, their operators panicked and left the gas station completely alone. The passing Survivors siphoned the fuel and left it in the safe room, telling anyone who would pass by to ration the gas or be killed.
Regardless of what actually happened, by the time that the Survivors came to the gas station in the hopes of finding the fuel for Virgil's boat, the gas station is overrun with Infected and only four gas cans are conveniently placed in the safe room. It is possible that some Survivors tried to hold out, but were routed/killed due to the nearby sugar company which attracted the Witches around the area.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The gas station café's back room serves as a safe room.
- The players entered and exited the safe room through the same door (Even though the door itself somehow changes it's appearance between the chapters).
- This gas station could not be blown up like the gas station in No Mercy, presumably because all of the gas has been siphoned from it's underground storage tanks.
- The Ducatel Sugar Company is located across a sugar cane field at some distance from the gas station.
- Navigating across this field is facilitated by tracking an effluent pipe that extends from the sugar mill partway into the cane field.
- Only the letter "A" is seen lighting up of the Ducatel Diesel sign where it says "GAS".