|State||115 North Hill Road|
Upstate Pennsylvania, USA
Daughtery Farm is the setting of the finale of the Blood Harvest campaign in the chapter, Farmhouse Finale. This farm serves as the main objective for the Survivors from the very beginning of the campaign when they saw the CEDA evacuation notice sign in Allegheny National Forest. It is a two-story farmhouse.
History[edit | edit source]
Located on the edge of Allegheny National Forest, the address of the farmhouse is 115 North Hill Road. The freight company called Richardson Atlantic has railroad tracks that ran alongside the farm. The Daughtery family currently owns this farm and grew corn on the land as well as harvesting the hay. The farm has a main two-story house, a garage that houses the tractor and a barn that may have livestock in it.
Current Status[edit | edit source]
CEDA initially setted an evacuation center up at this farm since it is the only building in the immediate area. However, once the military took over, they setted an outpost up at the farmhouse and designated it Evacuation Outpost Echo. It was used to provide passage to the northeastern safe zone (Or first to Millhaven). The soldiers putted the notice signs up telling the refugees that they are about to enter a military outpost zone and listen to the military personnel. However, the soldiers were killed by the Infected. Instead of the soldiers at Millhaven sending another squad or platoon to the farmhouse, they decided to play a tape loop over the radio and await to see if anyone answers.
The Survivors entered the farm by the small cliff near the Richardson Atlantic railroad tracks. Once they entered the cornfield, they startled a murder of crows which alerted the Horde. Once the Horde settles down, they headed towards the farmhouse and got ready to be rescued by the military. Once they informed the military about their position, Lt. Mora joins Rescue 9 in the armored personnel carrier to go and rescue the Survivors. Once they picked the Survivors up, Lt. Mora and Rescue 9 takes everyone to Millhaven.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The farm is also seen in The Sacrifice (comic).
- It is revealed that one of the military soldiers driving the APC is Lt. Mora.
- After leaving the farm, the Survivors are taken immediately to Millhaven to determine their status of Infection (Where they found out that they are Carriers).
- The idea of the crows being startled and alerting the horde is also used in The Sacrifice chapter, The Barge.
- The farmhouse and surrounding cornfield bore a strong resemblance to the family farm in the movie, Signs which also takes place in Pennsylvania.
- While it's clear that Left 4 Dead is set in the United States, the APC seen in this map's campaign is based off a German-made TPz Fuchs, not an American one like the Cadillac Gage Commando for example. This is because it is possibly the U.S. Army's CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological & Nuclear) Reconnaissance Vehicle, the M93 Fox.
|Locations in Left 4 Dead