|"What if just your beard starts to turn?" |
This article requires testing. You can help Left 4 Dead Wiki by experimenting with gameplay, and then changing it.
German censorship laws caused Valve to port certain weapons from Counter-Strike: Source into the game sold in the German market. There are five Counter-Strike Weapons: Combat Knife, H&K MP5, SIG SG552, Steyr Scout and Accuracy International AWSM.
All CSS Weapons were made available for all PC players after The Last Stand Community Update in 2020 and have a chance of spawning in regular game modes. Initially, this page was created to assist players owning the German version of the game or who play with someone who does. There also existed multiple mods that enabled these weapons for the non-censored release that was rendered obsolete with their now being available to all players.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The real AWSM and the Scout have their bolts on the right side, but they appear on the left side in first person. They are, however, on the correct side in third person.
- It is possible to cheat these weapons into the demo version on PC or Xbox 360.
- Those weapons do not use their own firing sound when using an Incendiary Ammo upgrade. Instead, they use the same as the Silenced Submachine gun (MP5), M16 Assault-Rifle (SG552) or Hunting Rifle (Scout and AWSM).
- Sometimes the MP5 and the Combat Knife appear in the Xbox 360 demo.
- The hands are improperly attached upon the animation, as the fingers will appear longer.
- The AWSM and the Scout do not have any muzzle flash upon firing.
- The AWSM is referred as "sniper_awp" in the game files.
- If a player spawns a one of the international weapons in the Console commands, They will do no damage to any infected and Special Infected, Unless the players enter the next level and they will work again before The Last Stand Update.
|Left 4 Dead|
|Tier 1||Pump Shotgun / Submachine Gun|
|Tier 2||Assault Rifle / Auto Shotgun / Hunting Rifle|